365 Days of New- Recap

Share


Hi friends!
My word for the year is "NEW". Last year, I had been feeling a bit of that mid-life thing creeping up on me, and even fighting the blues a bit. But in God's word, I was reminded, that while I may be bored with me, He isn't. In fact, in Christ, I am a new creation. (2Cor.5:17) I wanted to really embrace the idea that God is still making me new and that there are things about me I have yet to discover. I want to challenge my comfort zone, look forward to new experiences and intentionally open my heart to new things, ideas, learnings, etc... So, I made a goal for myself that I would do something new, that I've never done before- every single day of this new year. We're nine days in and so far, I'm having fun!

I promised to give you a recap so you can see what new adventures I'm having, and I am open to your suggestions too. Some of these might seem insignificant, but to me, they were a way of seeing myself differently- no matter how small. I do have some bigger things planned too and I trust the Lord will lead me through this thing and show me what He wants to show me.

So far, here's what I've done:
Jan. 1- Stayed for 2 back to back church services on a Sunday that I wasn't serving/working. I was glad I did. I needed to hear the message twice and even responding to God in worship- my heart was so much softer the 2nd time.

Jan. 2- Bought art supplies. A table-top easel, canvases, and paints. Never been an artist, and felt like a little kid picking this stuff out. I have it sitting on my dining room table but haven't had the courage to start yet. Waiting for the right day to take the next step and paint something.

Jan. 3- Took down my Christmas tree. Before February! I am infamous for leaving it up way too long. I just love it so much I put off taking it down. This year, I wanted to know what it would feel like to be practical. (hated it)

Jan. 4-Paid for a stranger's coffee in line behind me in the Barnes and Noble. Awkward at first, but I think it made her feel good and it certainly gave me a lift! I prayed it would just make her feel special- like God could see her.

Jan. 5- Had dinner with my friend Lorraine and her new husband Tim for the 1st time. It was a joy to see her so happy and to finally spend some time with this wonderful man I have heard to much about but not really had the chance to know yet. People ask me, if it's hard when my single friends meet someone and I'm still alone. Honestly- never. It comes easily to me to rejoice with the people I love.

Jan. 6- Got my first ever manicure with dark brown nail polish. I see the young girls with it and thought it was time I give it a try. Guys, I know this is no big deal from your perspective- but trust me. Picking out the color when you get a mani/pedi is one of the simple pleasures of life and very seldom, do we venture off into new colors. Sometimes, just doing something a little unexpected- can be a real kick!

Jan.7-My dear friends, The Cabellons, just had a baby girl. I got to hold precious Ruby in my arms-just one day old. So fresh from God and with that mysterious heavenly scent that only a newborn can have. I hope that this new thing, gets repeated many, many times.

Jan. 8- I led worship at Bridgeway which is always a privilege, but what was new, was I taught the congregation a new song. It's called "No One Higher" by Martha Munizzi, one of my favorites. It is a joy to see and hear a few thousand people grab ahold of that new song and start singing it like they mean it. They did.

Jan.9- I took a walk around my neighborhood, at night, by myself. I've never done that or even felt like I wanted to do that. Especially in January, but it was actually very pleasant. And... I started the post-holiday dead Christmas tree judging contest.

There you have it. I already have something planned tomorrow that will stretch me. Also, Mike and Dave will pick something new for me to do from all the suggestions many of you have made. New is good.
So far.

Newly Yours,
Tracey

Comments :

1
Gigi Keys said...
on 

Thank you for sharing! You made me smile. You are a very special woman and I can't wait to hear more. May God continue to bless you as you find joy in the important things in life.

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment on our page. You can also email us: tmd@wrbs.com

Thanks, Tracey, Mike and Dave