11 pounds down.. Jimmy Page says keep going!

Share

Hi friends!
It's day 21 of my Daniel's fast. a radical departure from how I have eaten most of my life. And I have to say... I am so thankful.
It says in Daniel 1: 12, Please test your servants for ten days. Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. The compate our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food... v. 15 At the end of 10 days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food.
So this is what I've been doing. Eating only food God made. And the weight is coming off, I feel better and I'm excited about the physical change in my body.
But wait.. there's more. Read on in Daniel 1: 17. To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds.
Now I'm not interpreting the President's dreams or anything like that, but God is opening my mind and my heart to a deeper understanding of Him. I have felt "stuck" for awhile in a few areas of my life, both physically in a plateau that wasn't moving and spiritually, just kind of stagnant. Fasting gets things flowing again.
As I've felt physical hunger I have translated it into the deeper spiritual hunger that I really had and I would seek the Lord. Praying everywhere and anywhere, saturating my mind with worship music and things that are healthy to my spiritual life. I have learned that my true hunger is for God, and that I have confused that inner pain with believing that I just needed food to soothe it away. I am learning so much and I know this is only the beginning. There's so much more to share with you, but I will wait til next Friday when my fast is officially over.
Listen to our segment with Jimmy Page from this morning by clicking on the title. Perhaps God is calling you to get "unstuck" through fasting.
Here's to being UN-STUCK!
In His Love,
Tracey

Comments :

0 comments to “11 pounds down.. Jimmy Page says keep going!”

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment on our page. You can also email us: tmd@wrbs.com

Thanks, Tracey, Mike and Dave